WHY USE INTERCEPTS?
Intercept surveys are often used at sporting events, restaurants, theatres, conferences, trade shows, shopping malls, tourist attractions, etc. to collect patron perception information. During an intercept survey the interviewer may approach a patron to ask about their experience at an event, facility or restaurant.
Intercepts are surveys conducted with consumers on site, while they are interacting with a place of business of product. Intercepts offer the ability of asking an open-ended question, giving the consumer the advantage of expressing their honest opinion.
MMI-2 has migrated from traditional pencil and paper intercepts to using tablets. Electronic intercepts result in significant time savings, provide more accurate and reliable data, are eco-friendly and make it possible for the client to view data in real-time.
One advantage of electronic intercepts is the ability to use skip patterns. Skip patterns allow you to send respondents down different paths of a survey, depending on their response to a single question or a series of questions.
The Advantages of In-Person Surveys
- Intercept surveys take your questionnaires out into the world, as they can be conducted anywhere qualified respondents may be found using a kiosk mode.
- They can include hard to reach respondents; such as senior citizens, non-English speakers or low-income residents who don’t have internet access.
- They are conducted by trained interviewers who can provide assistance, answer respondent questions and ensure respondents remain engaged in the survey.
- In some settings they can allow respondents to touch, taste and/or smell products. Especially helpful in surveys about food products, fabrics or perfumes and other scented products.
- The presence of an interviewer interacting directly with a respondent makes them feel their opinion is important.
- Intercept surveys allow you to capture feedback from people immediately, during or just after they have had an experience.
- Data from intercepts is available immediately for analysis.